Signifying an important part of the “Quarter Grands boulevards”, Osman (FR. Le boulevard Haussmann) is the longest on the right Bank of the Seine. His start this wide and rapid Parisian Boulevard takes on the Italian Boulevard (Boulevard des Italiens), intersects with the Strasbourg Boulevard (Boulevard de Strasbourg), in an effort to the Republic square (Place Republique) and imperceptibly into the Boulevard Montmartre (Boulevard Montmartre) is located in 2 km from the quarter. The total length of the Boulevard Haussmann – more than 2.5 kilometers, it is because it is located in two Central neighborhoods of Paris – VIII and IX.
Ottoman shade Alsatian names: the history of the name
His sonorous name b-R Osman is not due to the influence of the Ottoman Empire on the development of the city of Paris. Haussmann, Georges – Ezhena (Georges Eugene baron Haussmann) is a Baron, prefect of the city of Paris 1851-1870. According to a chronicle of the French capital, once on the place where today lies a modern Boulevard, stood a small house surrounded by a garden and it belonged to Alsace, Nicolas Osman, the intendant of Napoleon’s Army. Continue reading
The basis of Gothic design amounted to a cross ribbed vault (a rib – shaped protruding rib of a Gothic cross vault). Usually the edges of the arch emphasized the projecting rows of stones, and the use of Lancet arches to maintain the arches that were known in previous periods. But together these and other parts of the Gothic design has received a new Boolean value.
Scheme of ribbed vault
In Gothic has changed the system of a masonry ribbed vault. The ribs are now completed with the erection of the arch, and preceded him. 4 support was originally connected jaw arches (the arches at the ends of the arch), then threw two diagonal arches of ogive. This design was the skeleton of a future set. Forming the arch are called ribs. They were designed to bear and seal Stripping posted from lightweight slabs of stone. Ribbed arch favorably with a massive Romanesque by the fact that the point of application of the forces of gravity and thrust has Continue reading
Cave monastery Chelter-Marmara is located 1.5 km North-West from village Ternovka in the cliff Chelter-Kaya. The hallmark of the monastery is a huge hall of columns, the stone arch supported by the 5 strong pillars. In the Eastern part of the grotto is the Church, it is distinctly noticeable is the basis for the throne with an indentation for the relics.
Many Christian churches arose in those places that Jesus was worshiped as sacred. One such structure can be considered the cave monastery Chelter-Marmara, which occurred simultaneously with the Shuldan (VIII century), but more significant in size. Chelter translated as “grill”, Marmara – the name of the medieval village, situated at the foot of the mountains. There are more than 50 caves located in four tiers: cells, refectory, household and utility rooms, 4 Church. In ancient times they were connected by wooden stairs, balconies, galleries, looked like openwork lattice. Continue reading