Cave monastery Chelter-Marmara is located 1.5 km North-West from village Ternovka in the cliff Chelter-Kaya. The hallmark of the monastery is a huge hall of columns, the stone arch supported by the 5 strong pillars. In the Eastern part of the grotto is the Church, it is distinctly noticeable is the basis for the throne with an indentation for the relics.
Many Christian churches arose in those places that Jesus was worshiped as sacred. One such structure can be considered the cave monastery Chelter-Marmara, which occurred simultaneously with the Shuldan (VIII century), but more significant in size. Chelter translated as “grill”, Marmara – the name of the medieval village, situated at the foot of the mountains. There are more than 50 caves located in four tiers: cells, refectory, household and utility rooms, 4 Church. In ancient times they were connected by wooden stairs, balconies, galleries, looked like openwork lattice. Continue reading
Chelter-Koba is one of the cave monasteries of the Crimea, which is located in Bakhchisaray region, in the valley of Belbek river, at a distance of one kilometer from the village Bolshaya Sadovaya (Tash-Basta). Translated from the Crimean Tatar language the name of Chelter-Koba means Lattice-cave or Cave grill.
Chelter-Koba is one of the cave monasteries of the Crimea, which is located in Bakhchisaray region, in the valley of Belbek river, at a distance of one kilometer from the village Bolshaya Sadovaya (Tash-Basta). Translated from the Crimean Tatar language the name of Chelter-Koba means Lattice-cave or Cave grill (çilter — grill, netting;. qoba — cave). Continue reading
Barcelona’s Gothic quarter is situated around the Cathedral . this is the heart of the old town of Barcelona, called Barri Gòtic . hence was born the city. Therefore, starting the examination of the Cathedral, You will be easy to move from one part of town to another, walking through the narrow streets. The quarter stretches from La Rambla to Via Laietana , and from the waterfront to Ponda de Sant Pere .
As I walked from the waterfront after watching Aquarium Via via Laietana, a few blocks to the left You’ll see Gothic buildings, they will not pass. The Gothic quarter has undergone changes that occurred in the 19th and 20th centuries, some of the buildings were recovered and restored to attract tourists. The final transformation of the old town was completed in 1929 for the International exhibition, neo-Gothic work continued until 1970. The main works undertaken in the 19th and 20th centuries were connected with the restoration of Catalan architecture, such as the facade of the Cathedral was built in 1882 to 1913, with many elements of the Gothic style. Continue reading
The pumping unit 429 Aggressiveness groundwater 68, 197, 397 Amplitude of oscillations of the Foundation 226, 227, 228 Anisotropism of a ground 59, 274 Anchor 106, 128, 395
— contraction 222
Infinite beam 145
— hard 135, 140
— the ultimate stiffness 235
— console 414
— continuous 133
— 145 semi-infinite
— cross 413
— base 44, 133, 199 Ballinest construction site 277 Bench knife sunk well 351, 352 Shoe of the column 50 the Berm 329, 337, 342 underwater Concreting 356 Continue reading
Khan Uzbek, became an adherent of Islam, ordered to build in Solkhat beautiful mosque and the highest Muslim religious school – madrassas. Khan Uzbek mosque is the earliest in Crimea. Now the mosque is a rectangular building of Basilica type with an entrance on the North side and built into the North-Eastern corner of the minaret.
Khan Uzbek who came to the throne of the Golden Horde in 1312, became an adherent of Islam, ordered to build in Solkhat beautiful mosque and the highest Muslim religious school – madrassas. The construction of the mosque was started in 1314 According to Turkish traveller Evliya çelebi, in 1512-1513, when Mengli Giray I, the mosque was the Cathedral.
From the original building remained part of the North wall with the portal and, probably, the columns with arches in the interior. Rectangular in plan, stretched from North to South. Eastern and Western walls are built of rubble stone with wooden ties, the portal and the North-East corner with a massive base of the minaret was made of treated stone. Continue reading