Lutheran Church in Sudak is a monument of German culture and architecture in the Crimea, built in 1887 for German colonists, who came at the invitation of Catherine II. Geographically located in the Cozy village, but today it has practically merged with the town of Sudak, can be safely attributed to the Church Sudak attractions.
Lutheran Church is geographically located in the Cozy village, but today it has practically merged with the town of Sudak, can be safely attributed to the Church Sudak attractions. On the monument of German history and culture there is a memorial plaque with an inscription stating that the present building of the Church from 1887 to 30-ies of XX century was located on the territory of the former German colony of Sudak fortress. Continue reading
Kachi Kalion rock is situated on the spurs of the Inner ridge of the Crimean mountains, eight kilometres to the South of Bakhchisaray. Popular version of interpretation Kachi-Kalion – “cross ship” – with a known share of imagination on the cliff you can see the miraculous likeness of the Grand cross, formed by rock fractures.
Kachi Kalion rock is situated on the spurs of the Inner ridge of the Crimean mountains, eight kilometres to the South of Bakhchisaray. Reliable data on the origin of the name Kachi-Kalion yet. Popular version of interpretation as “cross ship” – with a known share of imagination on the cliff you can see the miraculous likeness of the Grand cross, formed by rock fractures. Like other Byzantine fortifications, the citadel has arisen in VI century the fortress Area of about 1.5 ha. In areas of gentle sloping can see the remains of a defensive wall made of hewn blocks and gate protected with a rectangular tower. Rock cuttings settlement are located in five natural grottoes and around them, there are about 150 different rooms, connected by terraces and staircases, wooden structures which, of course, did not survive. Continue reading
The Armenian Church is a beautiful religious building which is a monument of architecture built in 1885 by the Armenian community of the city. The Church Of St. Nikoghayos of the Church is of Basilica type, with a semicircular apse on the East wall.
The Chersonese was inhabited by the Tatars and the Turks. But in addition to them in the city lived also Greeks, Armenians, Karaites, Jews, Gypsies. Every community occupied its own quarter or district whose center was the temple – Church, Church or synagogue. The Armenian Church is the current International street, 44, on-site nursing Home, a five minute walk from the monastery of dervishes. It is here that once housed the Armenian quarter. Because it was outside the city walls it was considered a suburb of Gezlev. The Turkish traveller Evliya çelebi, who visited the city in the mid-seventeenth century, testified: “there Is […] one quarter ghiaurov Armenians, who have there a great temple.” Continue reading