Cave monastery Chelter-Marmara is located 1.5 km North-West from village Ternovka in the cliff Chelter-Kaya. The hallmark of the monastery is a huge hall of columns, the stone arch supported by the 5 strong pillars. In the Eastern part of the grotto is the Church, it is distinctly noticeable is the basis for the throne with an indentation for the relics.
Many Christian churches arose in those places that Jesus was worshiped as sacred. One such structure can be considered the cave monastery Chelter-Marmara, which occurred simultaneously with the Shuldan (VIII century), but more significant in size. Chelter translated as “grill”, Marmara – the name of the medieval village, situated at the foot of the mountains. There are more than 50 caves located in four tiers: cells, refectory, household and utility rooms, 4 Church. In ancient times they were connected by wooden stairs, balconies, galleries, looked like openwork lattice. Continue reading
Barcelona’s Gothic quarter is situated around the Cathedral . this is the heart of the old town of Barcelona, called Barri Gòtic . hence was born the city. Therefore, starting the examination of the Cathedral, You will be easy to move from one part of town to another, walking through the narrow streets. The quarter stretches from La Rambla to Via Laietana , and from the waterfront to Ponda de Sant Pere .
As I walked from the waterfront after watching Aquarium Via via Laietana, a few blocks to the left You’ll see Gothic buildings, they will not pass. The Gothic quarter has undergone changes that occurred in the 19th and 20th centuries, some of the buildings were recovered and restored to attract tourists. The final transformation of the old town was completed in 1929 for the International exhibition, neo-Gothic work continued until 1970. The main works undertaken in the 19th and 20th centuries were connected with the restoration of Catalan architecture, such as the facade of the Cathedral was built in 1882 to 1913, with many elements of the Gothic style. Continue reading
Lutheran Church in Sudak is a monument of German culture and architecture in the Crimea, built in 1887 for German colonists, who came at the invitation of Catherine II. Geographically located in the Cozy village, but today it has practically merged with the town of Sudak, can be safely attributed to the Church Sudak attractions.
Lutheran Church is geographically located in the Cozy village, but today it has practically merged with the town of Sudak, can be safely attributed to the Church Sudak attractions. On the monument of German history and culture there is a memorial plaque with an inscription stating that the present building of the Church from 1887 to 30-ies of XX century was located on the territory of the former German colony of Sudak fortress. Continue reading