How many Orthodox Christians come to France – and only a few know how many shrines still, despite the tumult of revolutions and the forgotten Christian heritage of the past, contains a French land. Because it, like our Holy Rus, Lord, “by nature gracious and unemotional”, still loves and wishes to all living and visiting there “to be saved, and in the knowledge of the truth Preeti”.
Holy Legend tells us that after the beheading of the precious head of St. John the Baptist the wicked Herodias was not allowed to betray her funeral together with the body of the Saint, but having outraged upon her, buried in his Palace in the “disgraceful place”. The body was taken secretly and buried by the disciples of Saint. Wife of officer of king Herod we knew where Herodias had buried the venerable head. And she decided to rebury her on mount of olives in one of Herod’s estates. Continue reading
In 1982, for the first time since the 1950s, repaired the roof and praporom the Dovmont (Smerda) tower, first mentioned in 1433, and laid over now Smetime gate of the Kremlin, the level of which it is possible now to understand the level Veche square. Dovmont town in Pskov called the springs “City Domantovo wall”.
Dovmontova tower is completely distorted Gothic pseudohistorical the mid-nineteenth century, have been researched and published materials of the Discharge order stored in the Moscow Archives of the Ministry of Justice (the famous volume DEPARTMENT that appeared in the early twentieth century before World War I) and its containing a list of the Pskov fortress, prepared, generally, by the Governor and containing sufficiently detailed descriptions of the fortifications, and “outfits” (guns) on them.
In the end, Nicholas initiated the First of the first restoration of the Pskov Kremlin, without any justification brought into the Gothic, and even Percy (legit wall of the Pskov Krom) refused inclined and not vertical, as it should be and, in addition, inflated by several meters, which “pulled” the error in height all surrounding areas of the fortress wall at the further restorations. Continue reading
Signifying an important part of the “Quarter Grands boulevards”, Osman (FR. Le boulevard Haussmann) is the longest on the right Bank of the Seine. His start this wide and rapid Parisian Boulevard takes on the Italian Boulevard (Boulevard des Italiens), intersects with the Strasbourg Boulevard (Boulevard de Strasbourg), in an effort to the Republic square (Place Republique) and imperceptibly into the Boulevard Montmartre (Boulevard Montmartre) is located in 2 km from the quarter. The total length of the Boulevard Haussmann – more than 2.5 kilometers, it is because it is located in two Central neighborhoods of Paris – VIII and IX.
Ottoman shade Alsatian names: the history of the name
His sonorous name b-R Osman is not due to the influence of the Ottoman Empire on the development of the city of Paris. Haussmann, Georges – Ezhena (Georges Eugene baron Haussmann) is a Baron, prefect of the city of Paris 1851-1870. According to a chronicle of the French capital, once on the place where today lies a modern Boulevard, stood a small house surrounded by a garden and it belonged to Alsace, Nicolas Osman, the intendant of Napoleon’s Army. Continue reading