Sharp wooden spire of the bell tower rises above the stone Church. Only up close you can see that this is not one, but two separate buildings, standing very close is the bell tower built in the XVIII century near the facade of the Gothic Church, which for three hundred years older. Stone temple Dating back to the XIV century, the outside does not seem particularly interesting. Neatly whitewashed small single-nave Church-the Church, built in a defensive style. However, the outward simplicity of the temple is deceptive. Special historical and artistic value is covered with paintings of the XVIII century the ceiling. It is made of wood and divided into 60 squares (tiles), each with painted stylized floral ornaments. The name of a carpenter working on the ceiling, you know – his name was Sandor Ferenc. On one of the wooden squares, the wizard left the image plane, and the other set a date of 1753. But the name of the artist history is silent.
Special glamor attached to the ceiling of the temple Matt black, white and gold colours of the squares on which the unknown painter has caused the amazing beauty of the patterns. Continue reading
“History, carved in stone,” it’s a common expression is fully applicable to the Metropolitan Museum-reserve “Kolomenskoye”. The snow-white Church of the ascension built in the XVI century the Grand Duke Vasily III. Luxurious Royal gates built in the reign of Alexei Mikhailovich. On a nearby hill stands the Church of St. John the Baptist, built in honor of his accession to the throne of Ivan the terrible. But in Kolomenskoye is another special attraction. And not man-made and natural. This is the famous Voice of the ravine, which the number of stacked legends about him significantly ahead of all other local relics.
The origin of the name “Voters ravine” experts explain in different ways. The romance associated with his “voices of nature”. Indeed, in the summer there are always singing birds, chirping crickets and roaring water in the Creek.
However, more convincing seems to be another version of the mythological. Historians believe that originally, the ravine was called “hair” by the name of Volos, or Veles, the pagan God – the ruler of the underworld and the patron of domestic animals. Continue reading
Khan Uzbek, became an adherent of Islam, ordered to build in Solkhat beautiful mosque and the highest Muslim religious school – madrassas. Khan Uzbek mosque is the earliest in Crimea. Now the mosque is a rectangular building of Basilica type with an entrance on the North side and built into the North-Eastern corner of the minaret.
Khan Uzbek who came to the throne of the Golden Horde in 1312, became an adherent of Islam, ordered to build in Solkhat beautiful mosque and the highest Muslim religious school – madrassas. The construction of the mosque was started in 1314 According to Turkish traveller Evliya çelebi, in 1512-1513, when Mengli Giray I, the mosque was the Cathedral.
From the original building remained part of the North wall with the portal and, probably, the columns with arches in the interior. Rectangular in plan, stretched from North to South. Eastern and Western walls are built of rubble stone with wooden ties, the portal and the North-East corner with a massive base of the minaret was made of treated stone. Continue reading